A story about power lifting.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

So I am in Placerville, CA visiting my girlfriend this week. I have some time off before I start medical school in August. I was hoping to be able to use the time to set some new PRs and to put on a few pounds.

I went to Mallory's family gym first. I turned out to be an executive gym. The only real weight there was attached to a Smith Machine (f'in Smith Machines). I was going to try to make the best of a bad situation, but ended up screwing up my shoulder doing some bench work. Also, I scared the shit out of the old folks working on the machines and ellipticals. So much for that...

I tracked down a real gym with a squat rack and power rack the next day. I sweet talked them into giving me a free pass and got two good workouts in. I did some box squatting on Monday, and debated squat technique with one of the bodybuilding types there. Tuesday I did some more bench work and actually managed to bench 275, even though my shoulder was still bothering me.

Of course I ended up getting a respiratory infection immediately after and am completely laid up. Feeling better after some antibiotics, and am using this time to try to mass up a little and recover. Hopefully back at it on Monday to do some speed work.

No comments:

Post a Comment